alt="h

Virtue of Wisdom

Monday, August 22, 2005

The Trip

Wow, soo much to write so tired to write it all but here i go. The whole reason for me going to San Antonio was because i just needed to get away. My emotional dam was full, I couldn't take anymore. Physically i was just worn out from it all, just needed some time to think and relax and hear God. What better thing to do then to go away to the "desert" to pray and seek God. First and for most, the trip to me was very revealing to me spiritually. I have been praying for God to give me some direction in a couple of area's and i couldn't hear nothing. I've prayed, i've read his word, I've done what i could but still, i didn't hear God. I called a friend of mine, who i consider to be a man after Gods own heart and a true friend who's loyalty, honesty, integrity, are unmatched, who I know would seek God and intercede for me through this clouded time in my life. He called me up the day before my trip and started chatting like we always do and finally get down to the niddy griddy. I started to share my heart with him and how i just couldn't hear Gods voice what so ever. After i was talking i was just getting more and more frustrated about my situation and he butted in. He told me something so revolutionary in my life. He said "Sandor, you can't control the things going on, on the outside of you, but you can control the things that go on inside of you. Sandor just tell the storm to be quiet. God speaks to us in a still small voice and with the storm going on about you you can't hear him. Tell the storm to be quiet so you can hear God." That day when i was driving to work i started to pray and told the storm to be quiet so i can hear God. After praying that i just felt such peace. I went on my day and got ready for the trip to San Antonio. We left in the morning for a 13 hour drive. We stoped in dallas at theresa's aunts store and I got a chance to meet a friend of mine that i've known for 3 and half years, which was awesome! We went out to eat at olive garden and waited for 1 1/2 and the waitress never took our order and we have to leave because we still had to drive another 5 hours to get to San Antonio. The next day i got a chance to meet theresa's dad and talked with him while we were breaking the boxes down and he mentioned the same verses that Tim, my friend, told me when i talked with him a few days earlier. I was surprised by this so i told him why i was down here and told him that he just confirmed what Tim said. It's just so awesome how God brings things together. After talking and discussing about God's word for a few hours we closed up shop at the store and enjoyed a very unique korean dinner. We shared a ton of laughs, one time I was even laughing so hard i almost fell out of my chair. The word "wiggly" can be sooo funny some time. he he. Anywho, the following day i got to meet another friend of mine that i've known for 5 years and haven't seen him until that day. He took me out with his girlfriend to this mexican place which was great. They had all the condiments in a buffet style area, but they brought the main portions out to you. It was quite cool. Well, moving on, we did get to enjoy a walk on the river walk and dinner at the hard rock cafe which was quite good. During all the time that i've was down there i just read God's word at night and seeked his face and the whole time i prayed he just told me to be patient. I felt so revived by his voice. On our way back to Good ol Springfield we stoped again in dallas and i meet up with tune one last time. We went out to this great place where we just had really good conversations. I wished both Adam and Tune lived closer. :( Anywho I took over driving around 12:30ish and took us until 5:40 am to get back to sprinfield. That period of time was sooo tiring. I had to pull over a couple of times to wake myself up. Thank God for Hannah being in the car who kepted me awake with some conversation. All in all it was a great trip. God has been so great to me on this trip with so much spiritual blessing. Just hearing God's voice again totally did something in me that i can't explain in words. I thank God for Godly friends that pray for me and lift me up when i can't lift myself. Just remember that if your going through some storms in your life and God seems distant, he's not... he's closer then a brother, speaking in a still voice, just tell the storm to be quiet so you can hear him. I hope this makes sense because i'm really tired right now. So if you have any questions just post them and i'll answer them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home