alt="h

Virtue of Wisdom

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

be still

Lately one thing that is changing in my devotional life is learning to be quiet and listen to what God has to say. A lot of time, me especially, I think we tend to ask, beg, pled for things to happen in our lives and while we're talking, all God wants us to do is to be quiet, let go and listen for his answer. Like He says in Psalms 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God;" Let go of your worries, troubles, pain and let God be God. Let him do his thing. When we take the time to let him work he will make the change. If he takes care of the birds of the air and the beasts of the field how much more will God do for his children? The hard thing is letting go and that's when faith comes into play. I know God has done many miracles in my life from saving me from the jaws of death, to providing money when I had none, to healing. And yet I still tend to doubt? Why is that? what does that? Father I just want to say that I don't have the strength to make it on my own. You are my supplier, lawyer, protector, provider, and the lover of my soul. Help me to be more patient, and have the wisdom to understand what your doing. Father you are closer then a brother, when I'm down your there to lend me a helping hand. Help me to keep on, keeping on. Thank you father for parents that pray for me everyday. For christain friends that encourage me when I'm feeling low. Thank you Lord.

Sorry if it's all over the place but I'm just writing as I'm thinking. My mind tends to run in several different ways. All I want is to be close to God. I know when I'm in tone with God everything else will fall into place. Not my will but His.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home