alt="h

Virtue of Wisdom

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Blessings

Wow...where to start. I must say that one of the hardest things for me to do is to recieve something from someone. Free of charge, no service to exchange, no hidden agenda, and no "pay me back later." I'm so used to giving to others and helping them because that's what i've done for my friends before and that's what i would like to do again someday soon. It's in my blood, it's part of my every fiber to help out a friend, to buy dinner, what have you. I enjoy it and I love to bless them. I actually feel wierd recieving because it hardly happens to me. So when someone buys me dinner, for example, i don't know how to recieve it even though it's a blessing. Anywho, my life has hit some rough spots, cash is not anywhere to be found. I feel inadequate as a man, feel like a dead beat... Growing up, the man is suppose to be able to support a family and he should have the resources to do so. He's the bread winner...so fourth and so on. We've all heard all the sayings. So i think you understand where im coming from. I've always had money in the bank. I've never had to worry about it at all. But i have to thank God for the people he has pulled together for me. They have been a complete blessing to me in more ways that they think. My family has been there also, helping me out where they could. My mom right now took over my gas, phone, cable, ect... and i asked her to keep track, as I am too, so I can pay her back. For all you out there that have helped me in my time of hardship and need, Katherine, Theresa, Brandon, Elisha, Chad, Amy, Melody I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Katherine for buying hongkong inn when i was short of cash, pizza when i was starving, dessert when i was craving something yummy, making food when you didn't have too, getting me coffee right after you had surgery(sorry about that too) and many other things. Theresa for opening up your house for me to hang out at, cooking food when i had no funds and was hungry, and what you blessed me with. Brandon for coffee when i needed my fix but no dough, Subway when i was thinking about getting some and i knew i couldn't afford it, driving to bolivar so I can save on my gas. Elisha for paying for the extra at the mexcian resturant when i haven't eaten all day. Chad for pulling my jetski to stockton lake, for buying the movie tickets when i only had $2.00 to my name. Amy for going out of your way to fill my craving for ice-cream in the early hours of the morning when you could of clearly came home. Melody for buying my IHOP and steak and shake when my tummy was grawling, for using your car to go to bolivar and to the lake. I'm sure I have missed people and if i did I'm very sorry. I just named some off the top of my head. I don't know how to repay any of you but i know the God will not let any of your generosity go unblessed. I have been truely blessed to have you guys as friends and I pray for you guys that God will continue to bless you as you have blessed me so very much. Mom and Dad, even though you guys don't read my blog, or use the internet for that matter, I LOVE YOU and appriciate everything you do for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home